Fireworks!!!

Happy July, everyone!

I'm hosting the current crafting challenge over on the Paper Girls challenge blog - and it's all about big, beautiful explosions! July is filled with celebrations where the night sky is filled with colorful firework blasts, so it seemed right that we created this challenge to start the month off right. Whether you love them or dislike them, I would love to see your projects and link it to the blog before 11:55pm on Saturday, 7/13.

Here are the two festive cards I created for the challenge:

Using a little Blueprint Sketch and Candied Apple Oxide Distress inks, I created the night sky for both cards. The Lady Liberty stamp set from Sweet Stamp Shop had the perfect firework image for these cards that I heat embossed white so they would pop against the dark colors. I used a little glitterly gold embossing powder to the tiny star images from the Celebrate with a Bang stamp set from Close to My Heart.


This first card I also used this perfect sentiment from the the Celebrate with a Bang stamp set from Close to My Heart and heat set it with white embossing powder. The adorable flying American flag image from Sweet Stamp Shop was colored in with colored pencils and adhered it to the card with foam tape.


The second card I made I wanted to use the Lady Liberty image and put her against a city skyline. I used the  Lady Liberty stamp set from Sweet Stamp Shop and colored her in with colored pencils, then added a little bit of glitter gold embossing powder to help her glow, and used a little foam tape to help her pop up a bit from the card.

The city skyline is a diecut that is now retired from Sweet Stamp Shop, but was perfect for this cardbase. I heat embossed the sentiment from the Lady Liberty stamp set in white embossing powder.

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! I hope that these cards might inspire you to join the challenge! You have 2 weeks :)

I hope that your celebrations are wonderful and safe this month!
Cheers!
Brittany

Comments

  1. Hi, Brittany! I found your blog and just wanted to tell you how much I appreciated your kindness and hospitality. I thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog, too. I was admiring your sample makes for the Fireworks challenge and was really surprised that Sweet Stamp Shop is still in biz. I thought they went away a while back! I have several of their sets from there first years. You've used their stamps wonderfully! Hope y'alls 4th was a "blast"! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I'm so embarrassed, I have a grammatical mistake in the post above. I'm the daughter of an English teacher and do know better! THEIR first years, not their. Geez! My apologies. Oh well, do you know how to calm down a grammar nazi? Pat them on the shoulder and soothingly say, "There, their, they're...". Bwahahaha! {grin} XOX

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment