PGCB #109 - Washi It Up

Hello and happy August!

I'm hosting the "Washi It Up" challenge with Paper Girls these next few weeks - and for good reason too! Summer months tend to be really busy, so when I get to squeeze in craft time, I'm always looking for ways to take short cuts and make easy projects. 

So - WASHI to the rescue! It has become one of my favorite "go-to's" for quick, fun, and easy projects. And, really, how many of you have at least a dozen (or maybe 5 dozen) rolls sitting around just begging to be used??? You don't see me over here bashfully raising my hand - I'm a washi horder!

So, naturally, in the midst of the craziness of summer, my mother had a birthday sneak up on me and almost pass me by (I can't believe I'm admitting this). So, I pulled together a quick little project for her (this probably took me less than an hour from start to finish - and it was SUPER easy to make), and I ended up with an adorable and super colorful picture frame. 


I found four rolls of tape in coordinating colors (these are all from My Mind's Eye Sweetest Thing collections - Tangerine and Lavender) and just started laying tape down on a wooden frame (I got these awesome wooden frames from Ben Franklin on clearance - they are made by Sierra Pacific Crafts).



I was inspired to make these adorable little flowers by watching this video on YouTube - and the feathers were inspired by seeing multiple projects on Pinterest. I embellished the flowers with gems from Pebbles, and they added just the right about of bling. 

I hope that this inspired you to use up those rolls of washi laying around! You have until 11:55pm (MST) on Saturday, August 13th to link up your project for a change to win a collection of goodies from us Paper Girls. I can't wait to see how you use your tape!

Thanks for stopping by!
Brittany

Comments