PGCB: #74 - Card Sketch

Hello there!

Kerys has fun card sketch challenge this week on The Paper Girls challenge blog. Here is what I came up with:


I used this adorable stamp from Unity Stamp Company called Books a' Flutter and I colored the books with my watercolor pencils from Close to My Heart, then cut out the image to pop it up from the page. But, to me, the card was missing something...so, I broke out my Mister Huey's color mists and splashed a few drops on my base...only to maybe get a little carried away. Although it wasn't exactly what I wanted, the outcome seemed to give the card just what it needed.


I chose these colors based on the beautiful Unity Stamp {be inspired} challenge...although my photography and editing doesn't seem to capture the softness of these colors in real life. I am linking this project to this challenge as well.

I hope you will join us and try the card sketch challenge! Come visit The Paper Girls site and link up your project before midnight (MST) on Saturday, 2/28.

Thanks for stopping by!
Brittany

Supplies used: 
  • Cardstock: Colonial White, Crystal Blue, Buttercup, and Twuilight (CTMH)
  • Stamps: Books a' Flutter (Unity Stamp Co.)
  • Inks: Twilight  (CTMH)
  • Embellishments/Tools: Watercolor pencils (CTMH); Mister Huey's Manila Color Mist (Studio Calico)

Comments