Circles - Paper Girls Challenge #202

Hello everyone! 

I hope that this post is finding each and every one of you well!

I'm hosting the new challenge over on the Paper Girls challenge blog that will run from 6/15 - 7/4, a whole three weeks! 

I am challenging our participants to create a project with CIRCLES! I have to admit that since I've gained a couple extra hours in my day from not commuting to work, I've been able to clean up my craft room and reconnect with some older tools that I haven't used in a while on projects...one being my paper punches and some older Creative Memories circle cutting tools (which are amazing - and not sure why I don't use more frequently). 

I was inspired by a couple sketch challenges that Scrapbook Generation hosted and created these two layouts:

This layout was created based on a free sketch (#8) from Allison Davis, and I loved her cluster of circular shapes and the fact that in the cluster it gave the ability to add a circular journaling block an circle shaped photo. I added additional circular elements, such as the enamel dots and circle shaped letter stickers in my title. This layout took a longer than normal amount of time to put together, but I really do like the end result. 

This next layout was based on a free sketch by Debbie Sanders from March 2020. I loved how the circles created a grid in the background and I could add circular photos to add to the story. I was surprised how quickly this layout came together once I had my papers and elements picked out. It was a more simple design, but added so much in the end. 

I hope that you'll consider playing along with this challenge! You have until July 4th to link your project to the post on the Paper Girls challenge blog.

Thanks for visiting! Stay well and be safe!
Brittany


Comments

Post a Comment