Hippity Hoppity color inspired layout

Hello everyone!

I hope that you are all having a wonderful May so far and got to take advantage of some of the fun challenges and activities this weekend for National Scrapbook Day (NSD)! I personally have loved being home and getting the opportunity to get crafty more than I normally would have.

I wanted to share this bright and happy double page layout I made inspired by a few National Scrapbook Day challenges!


Heather from the Paper Girls Challenge blog has challenged us to use this adorable, bright, and happy image for inspiration for a project.
The colors immediately reminded me of photos of my kiddos dying Easter eggs last month and instantly remembered that I had the best matching paper from Doodlebug Designs in my stash! I used papers from the Hello Sunshine and Spring Garden collections - which, I know, are pretty old now, but are still amazing!

I fussy cut many of the elements out so I had more design abilities and added foam tape to some of the pieces to give it dimension. With a little faux stitching, the bright and happy paper didn't really need much more to tell the story.



Scrapbook and Cards Today (SCT) hosted a day of incredible challenges on their blog for NSD, and this project I was based off the sketch challenge they partnered with from PageMaps. I followed the sketch almost exactly - it was really fun to put together!

SCT-Magazine-iNSD-2020-Sketch-Challenge-PageMaps-Sketch
I hope that my project has maybe inspired you to play along with any of these fun challenges. Heather's image inspiration with the Paper Girls Challenge Blog is open through Saturday, 5/16/20 and the SCT sketch challenge is open through Wednesday, May 13th.

Enjoy all this lovely Spring weather!
Brittany

Comments