Music to my ears

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share a project that I created for the Paper Girls Challenge blog this week. This took me right out of my comfort zone, and to be perfectly honest, I'm not 100% satisfied with out this turned out, but it was SO fun to make.


You see - I'm an ink and paper kinda gal. Paints, gesso, even watercolor paints really push me into an uncomfortable zone - but that's why this was a challenge, right?! I got these Inka-Gold trial size paints a few years ago and knew that I've been waiting for a challenge like this to break them open. Little did I know, they were dried out (ya, they were pretty old). After a couple YouTube videos, I found out that boiling water helped reconstitute the paint, so here we are!


The paint has a gorgeous shimmer to it, so I couldn't help but put this on black texture paper. I wasn't certain that a stencil would work with this...and to be honest, it got pretty gummed up, but I actually liked the end result enough to keep going with the page. I turned the paint into a watercolor to paint a background for my pictures, but the pigment in the paint stood out really strong on the black paper - so it wasn't as light as I would have preferred. I inked the side of a project life journaling card and my picture for dimension, and added the golden thread from Stampin' Up.


I wanted my title and wooden elements to match my layout, so I painted both. The stickers were from an old sticker sheet with a bunch of different colors and the paints covered it beautifully.

Overall, I feel like I need to get messy more and play more with paints to really embrace this, but I've learned alot and am glad these paints still work okay after all these years.

If you're interested in playing along with this challenge, you have until Saturday, 10/13 at 11:55pm (MST) to link a project to the Paper Girls challenge #161. I hope you can join us!

Happy crafting!
Brittany

Comments

  1. Fantastic MM project, Brittany! Lots of texture and super job with the paints. I have that stencil in my stash and it's one of my favorites. Canvas is a great base when playing with MM!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment