PGCB #159 - Inspiration photo/color challenge

Hello there!

Karrie from the Paper Girls has challenged us this week to create a project that inspired us from a photo she took of flowers outside her home.

I loved the combination of the pinks and grays, so I created this pretty little card:

I loved how the flowers in the picture had soft and darker pink, so I wanted to mimic that look and thought that the Beautiful Friendship stamp (D1779) from Close to My Heart would be perfect to achieve that. Instead of green leaves, I chose to use the grays from the swatch sample and I loved the outcome. The sentiment stamped in black really popped out.


To give the card a little extra sparkle I added some gray sequins and misted the entire card with some Snow Forest colored Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels. It's a little hard to catch the beauty of this mist on camera, so this picture really doesn't give it the justice it deserves. 

Here is the photo and color swatch I used as inspiration: 
I hope that Karrie's photo inspires you as well. If you create something, be sure to link it up to the Paper Girls challenge #159 before Saturday, 11:55pm (MST) on September 15th. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Brittany



Comments