PCGB #148 - Embossing

Hello there!

Michele from the Paper Girls Challenge blog has challenged us this week to create an embossed project. I just recently got a beautiful collection of Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks, so I knew this would be a perfect project to play more with them!

Here is my card:

I used a retired stamp from Market Street Stamps called "Here Comes the Sun". I sprinkled the image with clear embossing powder then heat embossed it. Then using wilted violet, peacock feathers, and seeless preserves colors from the distress oxide inks, I worked them into the white cardstock to create my background. I spritzed the card a couple times with water to give it more of a distressed look (and to help me get the ink off the embossed image a little better), and I'm really happy how it turned out. 

The die and stamp set is from set called "Because You" from My Favorite Things. I cut a small bit of cardboard to layer under my title so it would pop up a bit more. 

Us Paper Girls would love to see what you create for this challenge! Be sure to link up your project to post #148 before 11:55pm MST on Saturday, March 31st. 

Have a great day!!!!
Brittany

Comments