Bulk Thank You Cards

Hello!

We were very fortunate to get to celebrate my Grandmother's 80th birthday this last weekend with her. We hosted a celebration at the local church in her small town and had a really nice afternoon getting to meet her friends from over the years. I wanted to make sure that my Grandmother had thank you notes all ready and assembled so she could quickly send thanks to all those that were able to attend. Not really knowing how many people where going to attend, I made 40 of these...think assembly line stamping, ha ha!

The color scheme was fall related with hits of gold, so these were the cards I created for her:


I tried a technique that was new to me (but I had been wanting to try for a long time) and that was to use my embossing folders in my Cuttlebug like a letter press. So, I brayered on ink onto one of my embossing folders and added the detail to the edge. The ink got a little messy on the edges, so I just covered it up with a thin strip of gold washi - it was perfect!  


I then used up some stamps that haven't seen ink in a long time. I only used three other in colors: chocolate, vineyard berry, and autumn terracotta - but I used second generation stamping to achieve the lighter yellow-ish colored flowers. I was very happy with the results...and thankfully my Grandmother was too!

It was really great that Scrapbook Steals had a Monday Craft Madness dedicated to cards just as I was creating these...so, I am linking this post with their #THENEWMCM challenge :)

Thanks for taking the time to stop in!
Brittany

Supplies used: 
  • Paper: Cardstock - Colonial White 
  • Stamps: Sentiment: Loving Words - Ali Edwards for Technique Tuesday; Pussy Willow: Posh Impressions; Flowers: Boho Frames - Inque Boutique
  • Inks: Chocolate, Vineyard Berry (retired) and Autumn Terracotta (retired) - CTMH; Gold Pigment Ink - ColorBox
  • Gold Washi and Modern Wallpaper Edge Embossing folder - Cuttlebug/Cricut

Comments