PGCB #82 - Happy Birthday!

Hello!

I'm participating in the DT line up for the Paper Girls Challenge Blog with a Birthday themed card :)

I wanted to try something a little new that I've been seeing scattered across the paper crafting blog world, and that is the bokeh technique. But, instead of using watercolors, like most, I just wanted to use my inks.

To create my background, I selected four colors (inspired by the color challenge on the MFT Card Challenge blog), and sponged the colors into place to fill my base.

Then, I created a circle template by cutting various circles from a sheet of acetate, and sponged white pigment ink randomly using the template. 

Ya...needless to say, this is one of my new favorite techniques, and it's super fun to create. I will have to make a few more cards with this to test it out.

My adorable stamp is Birthday Wishes from Tiddly Inks. She was colored with the same dye inks I sponged the background with, I just used a blender pen to pick up the ink and color in the presents, cake, and dress. Her hair and body were colored with my Copics. I cut them out and popped them out (although hard to see in this photo).

I hope that you'll link up a project to the Birthday challenge with us Paper Girls. You have a little extra time this round to do so...but your entry needs to be posted no later than midnight, Sunday, July 5th (MST).

Thanks for stopping by to visit!
Brittany

Supplies used: 
  • Paper: Colonial White and Honey (CTMH)
  • Stamps: Birthday Wishes (Tiddly Inks)
  • Inks: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Hollyhock, Pear, Petal and Honey (CTMH)
  • Copic Markers: Skin: E000, E00, E11; Hair: Y21, YR21, YR24
  • Other: Blender Pen (Stampin' Up); Mini Staples (CTMH)


Comments

  1. Fantabulous use of these colors all to make a very sweet card! :) Thanks for joining us on the MFT Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment