Sweet baby!

Hello my crafty friends!

I am hosting the challenge for the next three weeks on the Paper Girls challenge blog with the sweetest theme ever - BABIES!

My sister and brother-in-law recently gave me the gift I've always wanted - to be an Auntie! My amazing nephew was born a couple weeks ago and I swear my heart just has been gushing love ever since. He has been such a bright light amongst all this wild COVID-19 darkness, that I'd hope to bring some of this sunshine your way with this challenge.

Here is the layout I made for this challenge:

I used the "Hello Baby" collection from Simple Stories to document this little little munchkin and his first couple days here. I may have been hanging onto this kit for a little while secretely hoping I'd get to use it for my own niece or nephew...so atlas, my wish came true! Here is a close up of one of the first smiles I saw from this little cutie... 

My favorite thing about Simple Stories is all the beautiful colors and details...you can fussy cut anything or use their embellishment packs and everything comes together so beautifully. I added some enamel dots and then stamped some blue splatter marks just for a little added embelishment, but other than that, everything is from the "Hello Baby" line.


The designed paper itself had a little banner that I wanted to pop up a little bit, so I just used my exacto-blade to cut the ends and slipped a piece of foam tap under. I think it added a little extra pop that balances the dimension on my layouts other popped up pieces.


I foam taped some of the elements and the main picture too - just enough to make it pop. I'm really happy with how this came together!

If you have any sweet baby pictures (human or animal) that you're hoping to scrapbook or any baby themed cards you're hoping to prep - please link them to our challenge before Saturday, 4/4/2020 (11:55pm MST). We'd love to see your creations!

Thanks for visiting!
Stay safe and happy :)

Brittany

Comments