School Daze!

Hello there!

I'm hosting the current challenge with the Paper Girls these next couple weeks - and I couldn't resist making it all about school. Back to school is a big deal for us in this house with three kids and my husband who works in education, so it seemed appropriate to create a project about this very thing.

Here is the double page layout I created:


I used Authentique's Studious paper collection for this layout, the colors and stars seemed to match perfectly for this year's pictures. I daubed on a little Fossilized Amber Oxide Distress ink in the corners using the English Brick Wall stencil from My Favorite Things to dress up the plain background, but other than that, the papers and wooden embellishments were all I needed to make this layout come together so well. It helps to have great sketches to follow too - I got this one from Scrapbook Generations Sketches for Scrapbooking book, volume 5.

I'm glad you stopped by! It would be great if you're inspired to do so to have you visit the Paper Girls Challenge Blog and link up a school themed project to challenge #160 before 11:55pm (MST) on Saturday, 9/29. I'd love to see what you've created.

Have a wonderful week!
Brittany

Comments