PGCB #149 - Masculine Birthdays!

Hello all, and happy Spring!

I'm hosting our bi-weekly challenge over on the Paper Girls Challenge Blog this week...and this one is for the boys...because if you're anything like me, my card stash tends to be a bit more feminine.

So, I'm challenging crafters to create something a project that is Masculine Birthday themed! You have until Saturday, April 14th (11:55pm MST) to link your project to the Paper Girls challenge blog to be entered to win :)

Here are my projects for this challenge: 


Here I used the new Waterfront stamp from Stampin' Up because many of the men in my life are nature lovers, so this was a perfect set to create an outdoory scene. I love that this set had all the abstract images to create something so beautiful. I can't wait to play with this stamp more!



The square panels were cut using MFT blueprints 14, but really, the card didn't need much more than a bit of twine and foam tape. The stamped images really did all the work. 
I loved the tree stamp so much, that I decided that the card needed a matching envelope too!


And now a more simple card - I feel like with the men in my world, less is more, ha! 

To create this, I used Papertrey Ink Birthday Bask Sentiments and the Birthday Style stamp set for the main panel. I couldn't find any matching striped paper, so I created my own background with a striped stamp from a retired Close to My Heart stamp set. Adding some faux stitching helped create a visual border.


Thanks for stopping by! Hope you'll join us in this challenge this week!
Brittany



Comments