PGCB #132 - Space Age

Hello, crafters!

We are being challenged by Erica through the Paper Girls Challenge Blog to create a Space Age themed project! This was a bit of a stretch for me - but something I've been wanting to try for a while after seeing so many tutorials and beautiful projects online. I wanted to create a galaxy themed background using my distress oxide inks in combination with my stamps.


My favorite demostration was from Kimbery Crawford, so I tried to mimic the look she was trying to achieve. Although my background wasn't just like hers, I felt like the results were amazing...and using the distress oxide inks made it more fun when I sprayed a bit of water on it to make it react.

After my background dried, I then stamped Starry Night from Sweet Stamp Shop and heat embossed the image in white.


The sentiment from the Spacin' Out set from Sweet Stamp Shop was then also heat embossed in white, and the a couple of the other adorable images where stamped, watercolored, and then popped up on the background. The purple and blue on the rocket are inks that were painted on like a water color from my oxide inks so I could find colors to match my background a bit easier. 

Thanks for stopping by! I hope that you'll join us in the challenge - link your project to this post no later than 11:55pm on August 5th. 

Happy crafting!
Brittany




Comments