PGCB #88 - Sweater Weather

Hello! 

I'm hosting the challenge over with the Paper Girls for the next couple weeks and I'm challenging you to create a project that is inspired by the changing weather - the cooler temps, the changing colors, crispy leaves, or anything that makes you cozy - like Sweaters, for instance. It's a perfect way to bring in the Fall Equinox!

Here is my take on the challenge:


We wrap-up summer by harvesting fall fruits from our yard - concord grapes, apples and pears. This year we had quite a bounty :) I chose colors that reminded me of the fall colors I am starting to see pop up around, and of course, I added a few die cut sweater circles from one of my favorite (and very well used) old sweaters. It really added a nice touch, in my opinion. 


This layout was inspired by a project done by Ashley Horton (WAY back from 2011) and her sketch that you can find here. I've been a big fan of her scrapbooking style for years, so I've stuffed a few of her projects away on my Pinterest page for safe and future scrap-lifting. AND...boy does it feel good to finally use up some of these older collections - this paper and some embellies are from the Farmhouse collection by Crate Paper. I'm linking this up to Scrapbook Steals Monday Craft Madness #30 challenge.

Link your projects no later than 11:55pm on Saturday, October 3rd on the Paper Girls Challenge Blog post here, and I'll randomly select one winner for a prize pack. For details on the challenge, please click here.

Happy Fall!
Brittany

Supplies used: 
  • Paper: Patterned Paper from the retired Farmhouse collection (Crate Paper)
  • Embellishments: Thickers (AC); Corduroy Brads (Stampin' Up), Autumn Terricota brads and wooden buttons (CTMH); wood veneer apple (SC); Twine and Sweater from my stash

Comments