I'm wrapping up my Growing In Unity week today...this was such an awesome opportunity! I can't thank you enough for your kind words through the comments on my projects this week!
Shaker cards are SO popular right now, I see them everywhere and they are SO cute...and super fun to make too! I decided to use up the last of my smooshed water color paper and create an underwater scene using Fishy Philosophy.
This card ended up taking me a little longer than I originally planned, but the final result is exactly what I was hoping for. The adorable little fish were colored with Copics and then given a glaze (using Liquid Glass) which also made them a little more durable for being stuck to the front of the card. I ended up needing to pop up the frame a bit more than I anticipated so the sequins could move around more freely, so I used some extra craft foam I had laying around in my kids art bucket...worked like a charm (and die cut so nicely too...yep...I may have to "borrow" more foam for more cards now).
I'm so happy that you could stop by to visit and see my last project. Please don't forget to leave a comment and visit my blog again Monday morning on June 8th. I'll be announcing the 2 random winners on my blog by 8am (PST)!
Have a lovely weekend!
- Paper: Cardstock: White Daisy and Twilight (CTMH); and Watercolor paper
- Stamps: Fishy Philosophy (Unity Stamp Co.)
- Inks: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Twilight, Olive, Sorbet, and Honey (CTMH)
- Copic Markers: R08, R05, R02, BG11, and BG75
- Embellishments/Tools: Craft foam, Sequins and Micro Beads (from stash) ; Labels One Die (Spellbinders)