Erica's challenge for the Paper Girls challenge blog is all about the little, cute, critters! We have a little critter in our world that will be celebrating his 1st birthday soon, so I had to use this challenge to make him a bright, happy birthday card.
I misted some blue ink over a circle template to give the white card a bit of color and to try to attempt to focus in on the lil' giraffe. I added a little paper trimming to the edge and tried to mimic the mane on the giraffe by adding a yellow/orange pinked boarder.
I paper pieced an alcohol ink colored image over the blue splatter (I thought to pop it up, but the blue mist really made the image wonky)...next time I may think to mask the image before misting...obviously I need a little more practice :)
Now it's your turn! Come join us and link up a critter project to the Paper Girls challenge blog before 11:55pm (MST) on Sunday, May 16th.
- Cardstock: White Daisy, Goldrush (CTMH) and Patterned Paper: Celebrate (AC)
- Stamps: Nursery Bash (CTMH)
- Inks: Tuxedo Black (Momento)
- Alcohol Inks: Copic and Sepectrum Noir
- Embellishments/Tools: Circle mask (Studio Calico); Lagoon Spinklers (OA); Glass Dots (Martha Stewart); Pinking border punch (EK Success)