If you are just now visiting me, I am on day 3 of my Growing in Unity week. I'll be posting a new project using Unity Stamps every day this week on my blog. Next Monday (March 24th), I will randomly select one person from the people who comment on my posts this week to win 2 itty bitty stamps of their choice!
For my project today I used Unity's Fish Philosophy stamp set. I have to admit this card was a LOT of fun to make. I am pretty sure I'll be making several more versions of this in the future (aren't those fish the cutest???):
I'm a sucker for dimension, and I couldn't resist creating an underwater scene with fish and waves popping off the page. The background was created by pressing 3 coordinating dye ink pads onto a craft sheet and spritzing them with water, then squishing my paper into the wet ink. It was just the soft watercolor look I was hoping for. After the paper dried, I stamped a couple of the images from the set in two of the same colors I used for the background.
The fish were colored with Copic Markers on a glitter paper so they sparkled, and I tried to mimic the look of bubbles with the sequins.
Thanks for stopping by! Please don't forget to come and visit again all week long AND next Monday (March 24th) to see if you are the winner!
Enjoy the rest of your day!
- Cardstock: White Daisy (CTMH); Splash (Echo Park); Glitter Paper (DCWV)
- Stamps: Unity Stamp Co: Fishy Philosophy (Tanis Giesbrecht)
- Inks: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Jet Black (StazOn); Olive, Juniper, and Twilight dye inks (CTMH)
- Copic Markers: BG72, BG75, YG95, YG99, R08
- Embellishments: Boundry Waters Boarder Punch (Fiskers); Sequins (Hobby Lobby)