Simple Sketches #23

Hi everyone!

I can't believe that it is FEBRUARY! How on earth did the time fly by so quickly...sheesh! 

Melissa's sketch this week on Simple Sketches had me really excited to pull out items from my scrappy stash that I don't normally use very often for my layouts; washi tape, mists, and glitter. I have to admit, I kinda surprised myself and really love the outcome of this page since I don't consider myself a glitter girl.


I started by stamping this chicken wire image from my Distressed Backgrounds stamp from Close to My Heart with a glue pad and sprinkling gold glitter on a sheet of wood printed paper (from the Crate Paper Storyteller collection). I wanted to add a little extra shimmer, so I spritzed some colonial white cardstock with Ditto Green Glimmer mist (you can find these sprays at Michaels), then die cut a few circles from the sheet of paper. I layered gold washi, coordinating papers from Crate Paper and Paper Loft punched with Fiskars and EK Success boarder punches, and added alphabet stickers for the title.  It really think it's a great balance of sparkle and shine for me.

Here is the amazing sketch I followed:


Come play along with us and link your page to the linky in THIS post. We would love to see your creations.

Hope you have a wonderful Superbowl weekend and Happy Lunar New Year!

Brittany



Comments