Sparkly Irish Sunshine


St. Patrick's Day is a pretty big deal around this house...especially with a Irish husband and kiddos who LOVE their green :) We had a busy weekend celebrating over Corned Beef and Cabbage, but I was able to put together this sweet little card for my mother-in-law (shhh...I'm a little late in getting it to her, but St. Patty's is all month long around here, right? So I hope I have a pass on that one).

This card was inspired by the Sparkle and Shine Farm Fresh challenge on the Splendid Stamping blog for Greeting Farm Stamps AND the Diecuts, Punches & Cutouts challenge on the Use it Tuesday blog.

Just about all of the supplies I used for this card are old (with the exception of the yellow Copic markers I just bought last month to try my attempt at blonde hair). I literally had to blow the dust off my Creative Memories Heart punch (poor neglected lil' guy) to make the shamrock. The papers are scraps from a stash that I used for my sister's wedding a couple years go. I embossed a couple pieces for some texture using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots and a Basic Grey Sizzix embression plate. I die cut the pretty lotus background using a Spellbinders Pendant die I have never opened (and sadly, I have owned that die for over 2 years).  The sentiment is from a stamp set from Papertrey Ink, and the adorable Princess Anya stamp is from Greeting Farm stamps.

The sparkle gems added just the right touch :) I sure hope my mother-in-law likes it!

Thanks so much for stopping by for a look-a-roo!
Brittany


Comments

  1. Adorable! Love the colors! Thanks for joining the TGF challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this little card, it's so adorable. Thank you so much for joining us at Use It Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Brittany! Thanks for playing along with us at UIT :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment