Mustache you...

...do you like Tom Selleck? Well, my mother-in-law and I sure do...and, I'm not sure if it's the "stache" or just that he is one handsome man, but we both agree he's something else, ha ha! Well...I needed to make a card to thank her for helping me with the kids for me while my husband was out of town...and the timing couldn't be better for the Heart 2 Heart challenge blog to have a Mustache challenge. Since she ever so kindly brought over "Three Men and a Baby" for us to watch that night, I thought it was only appropriate to thank her with a giant mustache card :)
I am in love with Close to My Heart's newer Cricut cartridge, Artiste...and this mustache cut is just darling! I cut both the mustache and the thank you from CTMH black cardstock from the Artiste cartridge and layer that with CTMH New England Ivy cardstock that was embossed with a Tim Holtz Sizzix embossing folder. Because of the texture of the cardstock, it didn't emboss that well, but I was able to mask the flaws by lightly dabbing some White Daisy ink on the raised images to give it a distressed look. I cut the piece of wood veneer with Spellbinders dies because it was apparently to thick for my Cricut (I need deeper blades), but I like how it turned out...hopefully my mother-in-law will get a kick out of it too :)

Thanks for stopping in!
Brittany

Comments

  1. Oh, that Mr. Selleck is something else alright! ;)
    What a great card for your MIL! I'm sure she was tickled by it! The card...not the moustache. :)
    Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment