Practical Scrappers Sweet 16 Card Contest

I am thrilled to announce that I made it into the third round for the Practical Scrappers Card Contest!

Thank you, again, for all of those who voted for my card last week to get me into the next round!

We were given a challenge to make a masculine card based on a picture that was sent to us. The picture was a quilt that had lots of blues, greens and whites with mixed patterns. I have to admit this was a nice challenge for me, but I'm happy with where the challenge took me.

This is the card I finally decided to use:
I raided my paper stash and found these lovely pieces that went so well together. I used one of my favorite stamp sets from Papertrey Ink, Star Prints, and broke out the good ol' sewing machine to get that homespun, stitched look :) I'm very happy how it turned out!

But, it was hard to decide because I also made this card based on the color scheme:
I loved the embossed "quilted" feel that the Spellbinders' impression folder gave to the green cardstock. And, the adorable stamp is another Papertrey set from another one of my favorite collections, Everyday Button Bits. Even though this isn't the card I chose to use in the contest, I now have another one to add to my "boy" card stash :)

The contest was narrowed down to 16 participates now, but 6 will be eliminated in this next round so there are only 10 participants left. SOOOO...please visit the Practical Scrappers page and cast your vote :) I believe in this round you can cast your vote for up to 3 different people, but I think you are still only able to vote once.

I hope that you have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend.
Thanks again for all your support!




Comments